Monday, April 12, 2010

While our weekend was uneventful, it was nice to get away for a couple days, just us. We left for Helena on Friday, right after Jason got home from work. Of course by the time we got to Bozeman, both kids were starving, and definitely ready to be out of their seats. Not even the movie could prevent that meltdown. Lucky for us, there is a little kid heaven (aka McDonald's w/a playplace) right off of the interstate. I think we were all happy to be out of the car. We ate some grease bomb food, and the kids ran around the playplace like they had been in the car for days instead of an hour and a half.

When we finally made it to Helena, and got all of our things to the room, Ethan and Elliott crawled up on the bed, and stared at the t.v. Cable is a luxury for them.
Saturday was a really long day for Jason and I. I think the National Guard was trying to kill us with the plethora of power point presentations and speakers. While it is important information, there comes a point that you just cannot bring yourself to pay attention, or care. Good thing we have 2 more meetings coming up. Ugh. Elliott went to a daycare for the day. His first time EVER at a daycare, and he did great. He was clingy to the first person he saw, but was sound asleep, and didn't want to get up when we got there. Ethan was really lucky, and got to spend the day with the state youth coordinator for the Yellow Ribbon Program. She is the COOLEST lady. They did fun projects all day, and Ethan had a great time.

After dinner, we took the boys swimming (I know I should insert a picture here, but alas we were all in the pool). As expected, they had a great time and got totally worn out. After going back to the room, they went to bed, and Jason and I were able to go to the lobby bar and have a couple drinks with his buddies. That was a treat for us.

Sunday morning, Jason had stuff to do that didn't include us, so I took the boys and met my friend and her kids at I-Hop for breakfast. I love these little get togethers, where I can catch up with my army wife friends, and their kids. When we were done, we picked up Jason and headed home. The drive home felt way longer than the drive there. We are all exhausted, and we have a lot to do before our week starts. Guess I better get to it.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment