Thursday, May 20, 2010

school carnival

This is only the beginning of several school themed posts. I was not aware that at the end of the year was so busy with family activities. Tonight was the first. The school carnival and BBQ.

While we were waiting to go, Ethan and Elliott got some brother time in. A little cuddling on the couch. Yet another picture they will hate soon. Too bad for them.  :)
I called Jaymee at work to see if she and Raigan would like to meet us for some burgers and fun. She was hesitant (she is away from home all the time w/work and photography, and I'm sure she just wanted to go home) but she said yes! I'm so glad she did. Raigan and Elliott had a great time playing on the playground, and of course it's always nice to have someone that wants to hang out with me, since my kids don't and Jason was working.
Dinner was good. I think any meal, outside, on the grass, in awesome weather, tastes amazing!
I tried to get Elliott to play the fishing game, he did it once, with a lot of coaxing, but went right back to playing on the equipment. Ethan went down the fire slide a few times, and played a couple games, but his favorite was the equipment too.
Jaymee left and Jason showed up. He took Ethan and Elliott down the fire slide one time, and then Elliott was losing his mind, so we left. It was a really fun way to spend the evening. I'm looking forward to the other activities the school has planned. Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for inviting us! It was a nice surprise and raigan slept like a rock! : )

    ReplyDelete