Sunday, May 9, 2010

two in a row.

This is the second year that I have spent Mother's Day with my boys, and my friends, while my husband works his ass off to provide for us. LOVE HIM!

Last year, we were so fortunate, and spent Mother's Day in the sun of San Francisco. We had housekeepers, and Erica and Carson. It was a great Mother's Day for sure!
It's hard though. This year's was amazing too! I'm the luckiest mom ever! I was awakened by the proudest 6 year old on earth. He handed me this card, and the flower he planted at school and grew all by himself. I can't wait to see what kind it is. The inside of the card reads "My mother has green eyes and reddish brown hair. My mother likes to play with me. My mother is the prettiest when she colors her hair. My mother is 27 years old. My mother is funniest when she says funny words. My mother's favorite color is red. I like best for my mother to cook chicken rice. I don't like it when she cooks tacos. She likes for me to help her wash dishes. When I am nice, she gives me surprises. I love my mother very much and I know she loves me too!" I can't wait for him to read this in 10 years.  :)
After breakfast, we got ready to meet Jaymee, Dereck, Raigan and Bella at the trails along the Yellowstone River. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and the kids were amazing. The first few pictures are courtesy of Ethan. He has a pretty good eye for beautiful scenery. Not that there was really any bad scenery there.
Elliott walked almost the entire 0.8 miles in. He even held Jaymee's hand. She's growing on him. :)
Dereck rode his bike in with lunch and Raigan, and we stopped for a break (and to find out where he went), and Elliott went right to picking "flowers" for us. (photos courtesy of Jaymee)
He loves picking dandelions. The proud look on his face is just precious.
Jaymee got the bulk of them, and I'm sure she loved every last one.
When we caught up with Dereck, it was lunch time. Jaymee brought KFC, and Ethan chowed down a leg and Elliott and Raigan ate some fries.
But mostly Elliott was excited about the Twix he got for dessert.
Ethan had the best time playing in the sand and he dug out a HUGE hole. It was hysterical to watch him in action.
We all walked down to the water, and all of the kids had fun throwing rocks into the water. Elliott, of course, found the muddiest water to throw his rocks, and he was a disaster.
Raigan loved looking at the ducks, and especially loved throwing rocks. She's my kind of girl. Dig right in and have a good time. (who is her mom? she's in a white shirt to go for a hike and play in the mud?)
Ethan was making every rock into something. A gun. A nose. A mouth. I'm glad he had just as much fun as the little kids. It's sometimes hard to keep him occupied since he's getting bigger.
All done. She has a disgusted look on her face, and so did Dereck. He had just washed her hands off and she decided to play in the sand. HAHA. Love it.
After getting us home, I laid Elliott down, Ethan played his video games, and I took a nap. I made one of my favorites, tuna casserole, for dinner, and we really just relaxed for the rest of the day.

Now I am just waiting for Jason to get home.
All in all, a perfect day. Thanks so much Team Foster!

1 comment:

  1. we had a great time too! thanks so much for joining us! :

    ReplyDelete