Sunday, May 30, 2010

summer begins

Memorial Day weekend is the best! It marks the beginning of summer, and just makes me feel good. Like I accomplished something by making it through another Montana winter.

We were so lucky this weekend to have Jason home both Saturday and today. He doesn't go into work until late tomorrow afternoon, so it's kind of like we get him tomorrow too!

Saturday started out with us going to some yard sales that weren't very impressive, but it's so nice to get to all hang out together. After lunch, we went to my friend, Jessica's, 16th birthday. I made her an ankle bracelet with green beads and a turtle charm. It was adorable, unlike her face in the picture. Love you Jessica!
We ate barbecue, then came home to put Elliott down for a nap and watch the Blackhawks beat the Flyers in Game 1. It was a pretty laid back day and it was so great.

This morning started out with all of us going over to the park. The weather was perfect for it, and the boys had the run of the place. Elliott is our little "Super Star". haha I had to take this picture.
After a trip to Lowe's (where we get a 10% military discount!) to get some plywood for Elliott's bed, we came back home. While the boys ate lunch, Jason rearranged Elliott's room and set up the "big boy bed". Elliott was so excited to jump on it, but not so much lay down for a nap on it.

After only a few trips to put him back to bed, he was out. It's really dark in his room, but I had the flash on to get this. He looks almost angelic. Almost. :)
We went grocery shopping after nap time, and Papa ordered us Pizza Hut for dinner. That was his gift to Ethan for doing so awesome in school this year.

Elliott and I cut up some watermelon. He was eating it as fast as I was cutting it.
I think it's his new favorite thing.
He had just gotten out of the bath when I decided this was a good idea. He was a sticky mess, and there was watermelon juice all over his pajamas, hands, face and the counter. He was really mad when I cut him off.
We haven't done much else today, but we do plan to go to the Memorial Day festivities at the Veteran's Cemetery tomorrow morning. I'm sure it will make me cry, but I am very lucky to have my husband home with me, and I know there are some who don't have that.

Don't forget to Thank a Veteran.

Thanks Granddad, Dad, Jason, Poppy, Uncle Al, Uncle Ed and all my friends and family who have or are currently serving, and to everyone else who serves or served our country. God Bless America.

1 comment:

  1. so I'm officially the bad mom of the group - my kid is still in her crib and will be until I can come up with a plan for a big kid bed. Oh well, I have many other good mom skills...right?!

    and of course a special thank you to Jason this weekend and all you other vets out there who make our awesome (and toddlers in cribs) life possible. : )

    ReplyDelete