Tuesday, January 18, 2011

exploration works

Today Elliott and I went and checked out the Exploration Works. It's fabulous (I'm not sure why Billings wouldn't have this), and we had a great time.

Elliott wasn't too sure at first, he stood back, kept his coat on and just took it all in.
Then he got brave.  
And jumped right in. This thing was fun. It sucked up scarves and shot them out of the tubes. He really liked it. Our friends, the Murdock's, went with us. They have twins who are Elliott's age.  
This caught Elliott's eye right away. He recognized it from a game on the iPod. 
I know this is not a good picture, but his face cracked me up. He was in awe of all of the rubber bands.  
I made a tornado, and he didn't care, but I liked the picture.  :) 
Sometimes his creativity amazes me. I am totally lame when it comes to blocks. I can build a tower (if it doesn't fall over) and that is the extent of my abilities. Elliott on the other hand was able to make a spider without any instruction or help.  
There is a small play area there, it occupied him for about 5 minutes, then it was back to the much cooler, hands on stuff. 
Then it got serious. The coat came off, and he actually got his hands wet, and his shirt, pants and shoes. Haha. 
The water was by far his favorite part. 
He couldn't quite get the hang of this, but he liked to watch the coins spin all the way to the bottom.  
The mirrors threw him off a little. He knew he should be able to see his face, then he couldn't. It was fun to watch him try to figure it out. 
We will definitely be going back.

Ok, I can't resist. I took this last night in the kitchen, on my cell phone. Now you know why the picture isn't that great, but I had to share the skirt I made for LeKyah! I made a purse to go with it, but I didn't get a picture of that. This will have to do until she gets it in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment