Friday, January 7, 2011

my first step

Ok, I admit it (that's the first step). I need to get healthy. I'm not going to say "lose weight" or "get fit" or "be a certain size". Getting healthy means, no more buying bigger clothes instead of maintaining myself to fit in the ones I already own, and no more eating whatever I want, whenever I want and how ever much I want. I am going to be a healthier, happier me. It's in writing now and there's no going back.

This is, however, a HUGE challenge, and until today, I didn't even know where to start.

I have a friend, Sheila, who is a Nutrition Consultant. She has her own business website and Facebook page. She shares great nutrition advice, and healthy, tasty recipes, and offers several different personalized services. I recently won a contest of hers and received this......
It's like a sign. It says "GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR!" It is a really nice journal. It has tons of information about different foods, as well as places to log my meals, my activities, my progress, my goals, my own recipes, and my inspirations. I already love the journal, but like everything in life it's only going to be as helpful as I make it. So here I go. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. YAY, that's exciting that you won that. Thanks again for skyping with us today, it was good to "see" you guys. PS, No nap two days in a row......Carson was telling me that he misses his Aunt Mer and wants to come stay with you :)

    ReplyDelete