Saturday, January 15, 2011

happenings of today

This week was not very exciting, so I'm skipping right to today.
First off, I found this on Craigslist! Have I mentioned my love for Craigslist? $40 and the lady used it twice! Talk about a good deal!
After Jason helped me get it set up, I had to put it to use. I whipped together this headband cover. It looks like CRAP! The seams ripped out in places, and it will be torn apart, but it's a start. I didn't expect perfection on my first try, but I was hoping. *sigh* 
Next, look who has joined my new family. Simon Colvin was my Cabbage Patch baby when I was very, very little. I loved him so much (and it shows). Tonight, Elliott found him. He poked his cheek and said "Ah". That's how he says something is cute. Then he left him sitting on the dresser. After a few minutes he came back and poked his cheek again. I asked Elliott if he liked him, and he said "yeah!" and snatched him off the dresser. He came back in to tell me that Simon had pooped his pants (luckily this was not code for Elliott had pooped his pants), and then he took off with him to play.  
He got out his hockey stick and a ball, and sat Simon in the hall to show him how to play hockey.  
Simon is a great student, and Elliott had so much fun with Simon watching him. I am glad to see Simon being loved again by a little guy that could use a buddy.
And lastly, I took this today. It's for a special project.
Can you guess what it will be?
Maybe you will just have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment