Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve pt 1

Of course the boys wanted to begin the day with gifts, and I'm kind of a sucker, so they got to open one gift. I did have a plan here though, the trip to the mountain needed snacks. Thanks Grandma and Papa. :) 
Ethan got himself ready, and Elliott can't be left behind, so he got himself ready too. 
This was only Ethan's second snowboarding lesson, and where do you suppose his instructor decided to take him............up the GIANT ski lift. So, I was supposed to be okay with the 16 year old instructor, who wasn't responsible enough to pull up his pants, taking my baby boy up on the longest ski lift in sight. Uh, yeah, ok. I was absolutely sick to my stomach when I saw this. 
And it felt like an eternity passed before we finally heard them come around the corner behind us. Don't worry, the instructors friend that went along was 14 1/2 years old, according to Ethan. Yeah, it didn't make me feel much better either. But Ethan looked totally comfortable and not at all like it was his 3rd day on his board.  
He glided down the hill and right past us. 
I was pretty excited for him and I could tell how proud he was of himself. He swears the ski lift was not scary. Whatever kid.
After the lesson, Ethan still wanted to be on the hill. So while he tore up the learners hill, Elliott and I made a snow castle. 
A few pics from the small hill. He was doing amazing. 
He pretty much has complete control of his board. He can turn, stop, and slow down, and he is even aware of what and who is around him. I'm impressed. 
And of course a video.
This was a great way to spend Christmas Eve and I think we should make it a tradition, because soon we will all be going down the slopes. I will be staying on the smaller much shorter lifts though. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment