Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas a little early

The one thing Ethan wanted this Christmas, like REALLY wanted was a snowboard. Sounds easy enough right? Well, to make said snowboard a useful gift, he would also need..........boots, bindings, helmet, goggles, lessons and lift tickets. Not to mention a ride to the mountain. :-/

I can't tell you how hard it is on me as a mom to not have a load of gifts under the tree for him. Especially because when I was a kid, I remember under the tree being packed full of gifts. To make it easier on myself, I had a little heart to heart with him about how what he gets determines the number of gifts he gets. He's a smart kid, I'm sure he gets it, but it's been difficult for me to fight the urge to go buy him more things (I know this is not what Christmas is about). 

I signed him up for his first lesson, so Thursday morning we have a date with a mountain and some snow (I guarantee a coffee will also be involved). Clearly I don't pay very good attention to the school schedule because I totally thought that his last day before break was Wednesday, but no.....So he will be skipping school. Ooooops.

Also, because the lesson is this Thursday (before Christmas) he got his gift early. I decided to do it tonight so I would have a couple days to find new things if what I bought didn't work out. Luckily, everything fits. YAY! 

I videoed him opening it so Jason could see too.

No comments:

Post a Comment