Monday, December 26, 2011

gifts i made this year

This year I made several of the gifts we gave. I really believe that things seem much more thoughtful when they are handmade. 
This crayon art was for Elliott's teacher and to say that she loved it is an understatement. Not only that, she thought I really put a lot into it. Haha. 
Abby wants one of these. It's a phone case with a credit card pocket so you don't have to lug a purse everywhere. I'm still looking for the perfect tie to repurpose for hers, but I liked this one and sent it to Ellett. Pretty good first try. 
I saw a sign on Pinterest (and a lot of this other stuff too) that said this, and I knew Jaymee had to have one. It's so them. I got to use my Cricut with vinyl for the first time with this. 
And this one was for Erica.
These simple bracelets are so cute and fun.  
I made this one especially for Abby. It says "Vine Est 2005", the year they were married. 
Then, I teased Ellett that I was going to make leg warmers for LeKyah to wear to dance. So I did. I also made some for Harlo, Everly and Henrik. I love how they all came out. 
I feel terrible when I buy gifts for people who hadn't planned on giving gifts to us. I never buy gifts intending to receive gifts, but because I love the feeling of giving. So this year, I made and gave candy instead. I think it eases the receiver of feeling they should have given to us, but I still get to show my appreciation for their friendship throughout the year. I loved doing this and I got rave reviews. Luckily I have my moms quick and easy recipes that are fool-proof. :) Thanks Mom. 
I had so much fun making gifts this year. I will definitely start earlier next year though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment