Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kindness

I would love to take credit, but I cannot honestly believe that anything I did taught Ethan to be such an amazing kid.

Ethan is a good kid, like a REALLY good kid. He works hard and achieves a lot but never rubs it in anyone's face. He earns a lot of prizes at school and on several occasions has chosen to bring home something special for Elliott rather than himself. It always fills me with pride to see him be so selfless.

Tonight was another example. Ethan has been scooping poop every other week for our friend Jen. He does it all by himself and does a good job. He has been saving his money, but tonight decided he wanted to treat Elliott to dinner out. On the way back into town he was working it out with Elliott to make sure he would have enough money. When we got there, I helped him add it all up, then he ordered and paid. They even got dessert! I could see in his face, hear in his voice and tell by his attitude that he felt really good about doing something so nice.

I am filled with warm fuzzies after watching Ethan and Elliott tonight.

This quote is all Ethan-

"Being a big brother is better than being a superhero."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so cute! He is such a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Ethan is such an awesome big brother!

    ReplyDelete