Thursday, July 8, 2010

he's home!

Elliott and I picked up Ethan and Grandma Mac at the airport this morning. I have yet to get a hug and told "hi". Ethan went straight for Elliott. I guess he missed his little brother. :) That makes up for me not getting a hug. After stopping for breakfast, we came home and Ethan and Elliott were running nonstop. They ran outside, they ran inside, they played catch they played baseball, and they played chase. They were wearing me out. I loved seeing them enjoy each other.

While Elliott was napping, Ethan and I went outside for some Mommy and Me time. He had to show me his basketball skills, and I must say, he's not too bad. His hair was horrendous though! I cut it before I left AZ, and it has just grown out since then. YIKES! I couldn't stand it, and decided that I would do his hair while everyone else rested.
Ethan's hair is all trimmed back to a nice neat mohawk, and we colored it neon pink. Like really neon. I think it might glow in the dark. We all dig it though, and like Jason said, "now we shouldn't get any comments about our boys' haircuts." LOL

After all the naps were over, I took the boys across the street to play at the park. Ethan was racing Elliott and to be fair, he ran backward. What a nice big brother huh?
Elliott had to show Ethan all his new tricks he learned.
And Ethan had to test out all the equipment and make sure he still had it.
Look how red Elliott's cheeks are. I'm telling ya, they were nonstop!
I had to take this. Man I missed this kid. Isn't he just the coolest?
Then we played some basketball. We tried to play a game of around the world, but Elliott was too busy and in the way. It's ok though, we had a great time.
And because we can't get enough of playing at the park, we came home and got Jason, then rode our bikes to a different park for a while.

Jason and I took Elliott yesterday, and saw these monkey bars. Those circles spin when you hang on them. We both thought immediately, Ethan HAS to try those!

So tonight, Ethan got on them and rocked them, just like we knew he would. We are kind of competitive like that, and we know our kid is awesome at pretty much everything he tries.
Even Elliott was testing out his awesomeness tonight, and I was pleased to see he is very much like his big brother.
Check out the hair! OMG SO COOL!
Elliott even took the hard way up to the slide. And......... he rocked it.
Ethan and Jason raced around the playground. Ethan knew Jason was winning, so he totally cut through the middle and cheated. The kid cracks me up.
Jason had to try the monkey bars too. It's not as easy as it looks.
And of course, Elliott couldn't be left out.
I showed Elliott how to roll down the hill. It made me nauseous and Elliott hated having the grass on him. Oh well, we tried.
These kids wear us out! Where in the world does all that energy come from?

All in all, a great first day back for Ethan. Everyone is so excited for him to be home.

 Aunt Mert will fly in tomorrow from Texas. I'm excited to see her. It's been forever since we spent time together, and she really hasn't spent any time with the boys, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment