Sunday, July 25, 2010

relaxed, then crazy, then relaxed

Saturday started out pretty relaxed. The boys and I went to the sports store and Ethan got geared up for soccer season. This will be his first, and he can hardly wait. Elliott was certain that Ethan bought the soccer ball for him though. He carried it out of the store, and held onto it all the way home, then cried when he had to share with Ethan. You would think he's an only child! But, they had a blast playing in the backyard with it.
Ethan already thinks he is pro, and impressed me with some dribbling and passing.
Later, I got news that my cousin Jaryn and his girlfriend, Freedom, were getting ready to have their baby. Erica and Andrew said the boys could come over and hang out with them so that I could go to the hospital. Thanks guys! Jaryn and I played Farkle while we waited, and Freedom rested.
After a few hours of waiting and no progression, I went to pick up the kids. Jason was coming home soon, and if they needed me, he could stay with the kids. Good thing he wasn't late. I got a text from Jaryn that said to "get there" just as Jason was parking in the driveway. Whew! So I hurried down to the hospital. He gave them a little scare and Freedom ended up with a c-section (poor girl). He is early, so he's in the NICU, but breathing on his own and doing awesome!

Welcome to the world, Maddox Quade!
I got to go with Jaryn to meet him. Freedom was still trying to wear off her numbing medicine. He is the most precious 4lbs I have ever seen.
And after he wasn't scared anymore, Jaryn was the proudest Daddy!
Today was a lot more laid back. Thank goodness. Jason was off, so we hung around the house, then we grilled dinner. This was our first time using our new grill, and MAN, was it good! Jason can definitely hold his own with a grill.
YUM! Corn-on-the-cob, steaks with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and hotdogs for the kids.
And then came my favorite part of today. Elliott and his stick horse. Ethan taught him how to gallop. It's the cutest thing!
All in all, a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment