Thursday, July 29, 2010

hockey, spray park and a baby

Tuesday night was drop-in hockey, and Ethan couldn't wait to go. Lucky for us, he has grown, but since he was so small to begin with, his gear is actually starting to fit. He might actually outgrow something besides skates by the end of the season.  :)
It's so warm outside, the inside the rink feels great. Elliott had fun watching Ethan skate, but he really wanted to get out there too.
Considering I didn't get around to (I forgot) sharpening Ethan's skates, and he was pretty much skating on spoons, he did well. Not near as much falling as I was expecting, and he had a great time. He even worked so hard, the stench was right back in all of his gear when he was done, and I felt like a total rookie when I stuck my hand inside his helmet that was dripping with sweat. Ewww.
Yesterday morning, Erica invited us to join her and her friend at the spray park. It was the perfect day for it. Not too hot, and the kids had a blast.

At first Carson was not impressed, but Ethan and Elliott jumped right in. Elliott wasn't actually spraying Carson here, but Carson thought so. :)
I love how the water looks in this picture.
Ethan tried to help Elliott get wet, but he had bad aim.
Then Elliott got brave and tried it himself. It worked.
Carson thought that digging in the mud was much more fun.
Ethan loved this thing, and his aim got really good.
At the end, Carson was ok playing with the water as long as it wasn't spraying right on him, and Ethan and Elliott had a friendly battle with the water guns.
The water park was exhausting, and both boys were very easy to put down for a rest. Even I got a little nap in. :)

After dinner, I went to see Freedom and Maddox. It was his feeding time, so we got to hold him while they filled his belly. He is off of oxygen and breathing on his own. He is on a feeding tube until he learns to suck a bottle better, but he had his first try at that yesterday afternoon and did great. He is getting stronger everyday. It was so great to see him and hold him. He opened his eyes for us, so I hurried and got a picture, and so did Freedom.
Clearly we were boring him.
And after his belly was full, he zonked out. Freedom wrapped him back up, and we said goodnight.
Hockey again tonight. Guess I better get in gear so I have time to get skates sharpened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment