Monday, July 19, 2010

monday.

Today Grandma Mac and Aunt Mert headed back to Texas. Before they left, we all (except Jason) slept in, then Aunt Mert took the boys on a walk and we went to breakfast. After we got back home, we took a couple pictures of the kids with Grandma Mac and Aunt Mert. They aren't award winning, but they are important. We don't get to see Aunt Mert very often.
When Granddad passed away, I realized how important it is for me to take pictures of the kids with people. I had the very last picture of Granddad. It was him with both boys only days after Elliott was born. So now I take pictures of them with everyone. You never know if it might be the last time we see them, and I want the boys to know they were loved by a lot of people. And they definitely love their Grandma Mac.
Tonight we re-did Ethan's hair. The pink was fading fast, but not quite fast enough, so it looked like I was a slacker. I love that he is patient enough for me to do all the proper steps and make the color look awesome! We had to bleach it out, then he wanted to use blue and green. He even sits still for me to blow dry heat onto it so it will be brighter. I think it's so ridiculous that the school won't allow "unnatural" colored hair, but it gives us a reason to go all out in the summer.  :)
It's way brighter than this, so I will have to get some pictures of it outside tomorrow.
Ethan's friend, Cael, couldn't wait for Ethan to get back from Arizona, but when he did, Cael was on a vacation of his own for 2 weeks! Yesterday, Cael got back, and they have been inseparable since. They stand on the corner and wait for the other to come outside so they can ask to play together. They always have so much fun, and today they talked us into Cael staying the night on Friday. They can hardly wait.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment