Saturday, November 7, 2009

3 years ago....


2009 Sunrise at the airfeild in COB Adder,
Tallil, Iraq.
Three years ago today, I did something that changed my life forever. I had some one tell me how to stand at the position of attention, and I raised my right hand to swear in to the United States Army. I swore that I would protect American from all enemies foreign or domestic. I was also charged to dis-charge all orders from the president of the United States of America. That day I did something more than the other I stood up with during the swearing in session, I also swore to uphold all the orders of my second commander and chief (the Gov. of Montana). No one else that day took that extra oath of service.
I didn't know how the decision to Join the National Guard was going to change my life. I had a good idea that I was going to end up in Iraq sooner or later. I knew that Basic Training was going to be tough to get through. It ended up being a little easier than I originally thought. I ended up going to airborne school. I jumped out of 5 airplanes. That had to be the scariest thing I have ever done, but I can say that I did it. I can also say that I really love being in the army, because of the army I get paid to work on helicopters.
Three years down. 17 to 27 to go. I can't say that I've been happier with my job.

1 comment: