Sunday, November 15, 2009

A new obsession in the making

First of all, I have to say, I had a MUCH better drive home. : )While in Helena I had to check out the bead store. She had some stuff I hadn't seen, such as "Paper Beads". My friend, Christine, was with me and when she saw them, she told me that she could show me how to make them. I am not that patient, so when I got back to the hotel, I googled "paper beads", and came up with several sites showing how to make them. This is one variation. It's SO easy, and they look awesome!
Step one: find a magazine page with the colors you would like to use, and cut it into triangles. I did mine one inch wide, and the length of the page. Step 2: starting at the wide end, wrap around a toothpick, and use a small amount of glue when you get to the point to hold it in place.Step 3: Remove from the toothpick and put on a string to dry, and spray with clear varnish. Let dry. Aren't they great? I love the way they look. I can't wait to use them. Ethan loved helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment