Thursday, November 5, 2009

Raising Awareness

I know what you're thinking. Amber's about to get up on her soapbox and save the world. Yeah, I wish I could. As much as cancer has effected my life, there is another incurable disorder that no one seems to know anything about. My very dear friend, Erica, was diagnosed with CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) and has been trying to live with it for over a year and a half. The treatments are sometimes dangerous, and for the most part do not work. The pain she endures everyday is excruciating, and at times, unbearable. To watch her go through this, and still see her put on a happy face everyday is incredible. November is CRPS awareness month, and on Tuesday she and I made some CRPS awareness ribbons. Her husband printed up cards with things someone with CRPS can feel and go through. You can find out more information at http://www.rsds.org/index2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment