Sunday, November 29, 2009

The rest of the story

Friday evening, we got the house ready to set up the tree. Jaymee and Raigan stopped by to help. I had some heavy lifting to do, so Jaymee helped me and Elliott and Raigan stood by the door and cried until we came back inside. Elliott loved looking at the ornaments in the box. He kept reaching for them and would touch them, but didn't pick them up, he just giggled. After both babies melted, Jaymee left, Elliott went to bed, and Ethan and I got into our comfy clothes. Then, Ethan and I finished putting together the Christmas tree. I get the feeling it's going to be a long, hard season for us. I asked Ethan if he liked the stockings, and he said "No, I don't like that my dad's reminds me that he is gone." Then he cried, and I held him and I cried. After a few minutes, I pulled it together and helped Ethan get it together, then we decided we would have a special Christmas when Jason gets home. That made it better. Nothing else got accomplished, we just sat and cuddled for the rest of the evening.
Saturday, Ethan didn't have hockey, and I cannot tell you what a relief that was. We sat around in our pajamas and just played and hung out until about 11! Then Jaymee and Dereck brought Raigan over to hang out with us. The boys had so much fun with her here. She kind of had a hard time for a few minutes after she realized she was "alone", but Ethan rushed to her side and held her hand and played with her until she was comfortable. It was adorable. Elliott didn't really like her until later in the afternoon. He thought I was trading him in and wouldn't let her come within 2 feet of me without throwing a HUGE fit. He's a little clingy. haha.

They played by each other for a while. They are not to the play together age yet, but it's cute to watch them, watch each other. Raigan just knew Elliott was going to get in so much trouble, I am a bad mom though and let him do it, Ethan did too when he was little and he turned out ok.
Then it was snack time. Ethan held the snacks and the babies chased him down to get their share.
Saturday evening, we went to Shannon's for game night. It was so much fun! We were out late, but had such a great time.
This morning, we hung out in our pajamas again until Ethan had hockey at noon. I couldn't help taking a few pictures of Elliott. He is big enough to climb onto the couch now, and thinks he is so funny.Ethan and I finished decorating the tree tonight, and it looks awesome. He is a great helper, and had fun putting the ornaments on.
Here are the stockings. Ethan has the special one, but is not happy that it's also the smallest one.
And lastly, here is our beautiful Christmas tree. I still believe it is the best $5 we have ever spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment