Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Big voice in the sky


I share half of this "CHU" (containerized housing unit) With two other Guys"
Here on COB Adder there is a Big voice in the Sky that periodically broadcasts over the Base P.A. system. Normally its a test, and it says something like, " This is a test of the giant voice in the sky." Then there are times when it warns us when the E.O.D. teams are doing "controlled blasts." Thats where someone has either found a suspected I.E.D. (bomb) and the best way to take care of it is to blow it up before it blows itself up. The third and primary job of the giant voice in the sky is to warn us of incoming rockets mortars ect. That's when we get to implement some of our "High speed army training." Such as - "when you hear the alert" (big voice in the sky "Hit the dirt" which after hearing, we are to lay down on the ground cover our heads and wait 5 min. After said time, we hurry to a "bunker" our concrete hiding places and wait till the big voice tells us its all right to come out. I know I know that is way to high speed to catch on after only being told once. But thats why we are the best most feared military super power. It's either that or our giant bombs. Not sure.
Well anyways, today...... just now, We had the alert of a controlled blast. Great they are going to blow something up. not a problem. lately we haven't even heard the explosion when they do it. Then there was this time. There is always this time. I was laying in my bed typing away on my computer, when BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!! They detonated there explosion. It must have been close because It shook my entire room, rattled the stuff on my little table, bounced my head off the wall twice, and woke every one up in our little "living area". Oh yeah, it was a goodin' to say the least. Nothing like keeping war interesting and giving me another "war" story to tell.

1 comment:

  1. did you have to do your laundry right after the explosion? Just wanted to know....Love ya MOM RICHIE

    ReplyDelete